Accident and Product Investigation
Accident and Product Investigation plays an important role in today's business where regulations apply to reporting of accidents to the Health and Safety Authority. Likewise where equipment fails causing an accident or incident or you have a problem or concern with any product, our technical support will help you determine the root cause of the problem.
Seamus Phelan, Managing Director of LHS Services is a trained accident investigator and carries out Product Analysis, Incident and Accident Investigation in order to determine the cause or causes of an accident or series of accidents or incidents so as to prevent further incidents of a similar kind.
LHS Services use TapRooT® software which is designed to streamline and organize the incident investigation process it also combines incident identification, analysis, and dynamic report writing into one seamless process. The software is driven with 40 years’ experience in materials handling and safety industry.
TapRooT® is a systematic process, software, for finding the real root causes of problems. It is used by leading companies around the world to investigate and fix the root causes of major accidents, everyday incidents, minor near-misses, quality issues, human errors, maintenance problems, medical mistakes, productivity issues, manufacturing mistakes, environmental releases … in other words, all types of mission-critical problems. (www.taproot.com)
Seamus Phelan – Managing Director CV
Relevant Work with outside agencies and bodies:
With Health & Safety Authority –
- Assisted with accident investigation.
- Worked in an advisory capacity for formulation of standards for legislation and codes of practice (NSAI).
- Worked with the HSA on technical aspects of machine safety
- Reviewed proposed legislation and amendments in respect of materials handling equipment, public consultation, e.g. Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 (S.I. No. 299 of 2007)
- Presented paper on patient handling equipment, on request, with a view to changing IS/EN regulations in this field.
- Author of an information booklet “The Law & You” and is currently working on an update, titled “The Complete Guide to Statutory Regulations”.
With National Standards Authority of Ireland –
- Sat on two committees within the NSAI in an advisory capacity for formulation of standards for legislation and codes of practice for Cranes.
With Health and Safety Review –
- Speaker at the Health and Safety Review conference where 130 leading safety officers heard Seamus talk about the value of Data Collection and Analysis within the area of Statutory Inspection and Certification.
Personal Experience – Materials Handling Equipment
- Over 40 years working in the field of materials handling and safety equipment
- Over 25 years MD of Lifting and Handling Services Ltd.
- Over 20 years providing training in all areas of materials handling and safety equipment
- Undertakes accident and product investigation
- Expert witness in the Irish Court of Law
- Certified Trainer for materials handling safety courses
- National Standards Authority of Ireland Development (NSAI Inspection Committee)
- Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health IOSH Ireland Branch
- Has acted in an advisory capacity to clients such as ESB, Dublin Bus, RTE, Department of Defence, Lufthansa and many other national and multinational companies to assist them in resolving issues regarding health and safety
Major Projects Undertaken
- Design and testing Cross Arm Support System for Fibre-Rap Program
- ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) testing in accordance with ISO 3471
- Cross Arm and lines verification for 100 year storm, wind, snow, ice loading
- Design support system for 120 Ton dam Beams and testing at Ardnacrusha Dam
- Proof of concept for the repair of inter-connector under water cable at 26.6 metres below sea level. The first time worldwide that an inter-connector cable has been repaired underwater
- The Guinness Book of Records for Loctite Super Glue
- National and multinational project consultancy for materials handling safety
- Accident Investigation by TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Software
- Specialised Consultancy on Lifting Equipment for Hydro Stations nationwide
- Nationwide testing, setup and evaluation of large national and mutational clients
- Nationwide training designed and delivered for Power Stations
Honours and Awards
- LHS was selected by Kildare County Enterprise Board to represent Kildare in the National Enterprise Awards 2003.
- The National Enterprise Awards 2003 awards presented LHS with an award as one of to the top six companies.
- Received the Health and Safety Authority Awards in 2000 and 2001 for safety projects.
- Received the Gold Award TIE (together in Excellence) 2003 from one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in Ireland.
- Nominated for the O2 digital media awards 2004 for the New Wireless Application section in their CLASS statutory inspection software.
- LHS received the Recognition of Excellence from the Irish maintenance society in 1996.
Safety inspection, certification and calibration of materials handling and safety equipment is Lifting and Handling Services speciality. Contact us for technical and legal advice on +35345 868342 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit our download section.